Monday, April 1, 2013

Parenting

I really enjoyed this week. The parenting skills I learned help me feel more positive about teaching my children in the future. The purpose of parenting is to protect and prepare children to survive and thrive in the world they are going to live in. I think the key word here is thrive. We don't want our children to just survive in the world that they live in. I want my children to be able to thrive in the world. I want to teach them the importance of the gospel and the doctrines. I want to teach my children many of the things that will help them to do well throughout their lives.

The information we used came from a program called Active Parenting. I thought he did an amazing job with this program. He said that we want our children to have four different character traits.
1 Responsibility
2 Cooperation
3 Respect
4 Courage

I really like that he focused of Natural consequences rather than punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment